How to turn an episode of emotional binging into powerful learning ?
"The pain will never stop.”
"I am doomed to stay in this cycle"
“There isn’t ever enough love.”
“I am a failure “
“I have to be in control”
The harsh voices following an emotional eating episode can be very destructive and lead us back into the vicious diet cycle of (deprivation,binging ) which results in begetting more blame and shame.
Many of us carry this heaviness and walk the earth feeling as though they have reach a bottomless hole but,
What if the bottomless hole is an illusion that is created by an old story that no longer serving us ?
What if this particular episode is another change to redirect is to our inner wisdom?
What if this moment is our chance to learning, finding meaning and letting go?
What if our eating challenge is an opportunity to self reflect and look into places where we need to grow?
Our relationship with food mirrors our beliefs about ourselves, those can be old beliefs that protected us at some point in our lives, but no longer serve us now.
I invite you to reflect on the following guidelines that I have gathered. It is a chance to get curious and inquire, a chance to choose yourself again and again by bringing understanding and self compassion.
- What were the emerging disempowering thoughts?
- Was I feeling Vulnerable, and what were the emotional triggers ? too hungry ,stressed,overwhelmed, tired and sluggish, bored
- Did I have some projected expectations from a situation/person?
- What was the need that I was unable to give myself? set boundaries at work/friends, say No, address my needs, pause and rest?
- Was I mindful and present to the eating experience?
- Did I taste and savor the food with each bite?
- Was I rushing , standing or watching Tv?
- Was there a point where I realized that I wasn't eating with pleasure? What was I feeling ?
- What could I do differently ? Identify and respect my vulnerability , say No , Get enough sleep, change my environment ,drink water ,make sure I eat when hungry and do not deprive myself and eat consistently
- What are my unmet needs?
- What am I really hungry for?
- Jun 17, 2018 The myth of Positivity Jun 17, 2018
- May 26, 2018 Why your willpower won't power (" I won't power" vs "I want power") May 26, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Reasons why your brain maybe holding you back (from achieving your goals ) Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 27, 2018 How to Break the Diet/Binge cycle Jan 27, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018 The Three Difficult Practices to Stop Emotional/Binge Cycle or( any habitual cycle) Jan 19, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 NotGettingThe NextBigGet Jan 2, 2018
- December 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What you need to know about Emotional eating Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Are you in Control? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 will you stay ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The truth that no one tells you about how to live an Extraordinary Life Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to believe you're good enough ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Why not live as if you deserve all the pleasure-at and away from the table ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The art of Loving and accepting your body Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to turn an episode of emotional binging into powerful learning ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Holistic Nutrition | Emotional Constipation | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | The power of Intention | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | Acceptance and Celebration of Feelings | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | June gratitude Challenge | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Nutrition | Why your healthy is not my healthy? | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Excellence or Perfectionism ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Primary Hungers Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Re-Parenting yourself Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What if your relationship with food is the doorway to the rest of your life? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The power of Recieving Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What is your vibrational State? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Enough is not an amount Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Sidebar widget host Sep 11, 2017