Nutrition | Why your healthy is not my healthy? |
"Okay so you’re saying it’s okay to eat butter, but I need to avoid grains for a while. But what about oatmeal? I thought it was good for my cholesterol levels?”
"Go Paleo ! Do a Juice Cleanse every month to get rid of your body toxins! Low Carb, High Fat?
“I heard that it’s not a good idea to eat protein at night because I won’t digest it as well, but then I’ve also heard I’m supposed to eat protein at every meal. Which should I do?”
“I’ve been putting spinach into my morning smoothie for months, and now I hear it’s got oxalic acid and I shouldn’t be eating it. I thought spinach was good for you!?”
Have you ever felt confused about what to eat ?
What do you think are the causes of confusion? Marketing deception? Overwhelming diets? Lack of proper education?
Alas, It is not black or white, right or wrong.
So what's the deal?
How come the so-called nutrition experts contradict so much? And more importantly, what on earth should I be eating? Despite all the conflicting information out there, the reason for this confusion is simple: Lack of Context, and that Context is You.
The answer lies within
It is Bio-individuality .
Each one of us is beautifully unique.
What I need is different from you because we have different metabolisms, live different lifestyles, and have different activity levels, blood type, ancestry, climate , strong and weak constitutional points, and stress levels. Let's look at an example. If you live in a hot climate, and don't have blood sugar fluctuation issues, and thrive on a lower-protein diet, then good amount of fresh fruit and raw cooling foods are appropriate. If you live in a cold climate, have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic , and you're cold all the time, then that same diet doesn't make sense and could be harmful to your health.
I have my clients come to me with handful knowledge and research about nutrition and health These people are conscious, health-minded and trying to do the right thing, but they end up forgetting the most important perspective: the context of what’s going on in their body, what’s right for them. It’s not the food itself that’s “good” or “bad”, “healthy” or “unhealthy”.
It’s the context in which you’re eating it, and that context is YOU.
So that leaves us with a question, what diet works for me ? what should I eat ?
The word “diet” doesn’t work, and there is no one formula fits all for so many individual reasons mentioned above, in addition diets teach you not to trust yourself, and takes away your power and build fear, shame and deprivation
I invite you here to look into the following Key points for lasting and sustainable success for what works for you:
What works for you? What have you tried in the past? Is there something you would like to try but haven’t ?
Ask questions, get coaching support to help you understand your individual needs and balance.
Make your own formula and even give it a name ( mine Free-light), and bring attention to it every time you are faced with eating challenges.
Would it be interesting to start experimenting?
- Jan 21, 2019 Come Home to Yourself Jan 21, 2019
- Jan 18, 2019 This Year, let's be more Human Jan 18, 2019
- Jan 18, 2019 How Fearing to Eat is making you Eat More Jan 18, 2019
- Jan 18, 2019 Body Positivity vs Body Possibility Jan 18, 2019
- Jan 18, 2019 Fixing isn't my Motivation Jan 18, 2019
- Jan 18, 2019 From Rebellion to True Food Freedom Jan 18, 2019
- Dec 1, 2018 The Quality Elevator Strategy Dec 1, 2018
- Nov 3, 2018 I quit arguing with my NOW-Body Nov 3, 2018
- Oct 13, 2018 I want for you more than Weightloss Oct 13, 2018
- Sep 1, 2018 How my feminine rebelled and changed my approach to food and body Sep 1, 2018
- Aug 25, 2018 STAY PUT (Stopping the cycle of fleeing and seeking pleasure) Aug 25, 2018
- Jun 17, 2018 The myth of Positivity Jun 17, 2018
- May 26, 2018 Why your willpower won't power (" I won't power" vs "I want power") May 26, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Reasons why your brain maybe holding you back (from achieving your goals ) Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 27, 2018 How to Break the Diet/Binge cycle Jan 27, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018 The Three Difficult Practices to Stop Emotional/Binge Cycle or( any habitual cycle) Jan 19, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 NotGettingThe NextBigGet Jan 2, 2018
- December 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What you need to know about Emotional eating Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Are you in Control? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 will you stay ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The truth that no one tells you about how to live an Extraordinary Life Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to believe you're good enough ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Why not live as if you deserve all the pleasure-at and away from the table ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The art of Loving and accepting your body Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to turn an episode of emotional binging into powerful learning ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Holistic Nutrition | Emotional Constipation | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | The power of Intention | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | Acceptance and Celebration of Feelings | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | June gratitude Challenge | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Nutrition | Why your healthy is not my healthy? | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Excellence or Perfectionism ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Primary Hungers Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Re-Parenting yourself Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What if your relationship with food is the doorway to the rest of your life? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The power of Recieving Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What is your vibrational State? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Enough is not an amount Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Sidebar widget host Sep 11, 2017