What is Hunger ?
Hunger is very personal and intimate. Food isn’t always what you want.
We humans are fed in so many different ways. Nourishment is more than just food for the body; the heart , mind and soul must be fed as well. Geneen Roth , beautifully says “ food is food, and love is love”. Think of all the things in your life that you are stuffing yourself with and never feel satiated. What if your life is full of things that taste good, but that aren’t nourishing you in any way ? What is it that lies so deep within you, and wants to be expressed?
What are you truly Hungry for?
I ask my clients this question a lot , it is my magic question these days
So yeah , what are your true hungers ?
Take a few moments , get back into your body, settle in yourself , and be present to what surfaces, and ask again.
What are your primary soulful food that is more than what is on your plate ?
The food you eat are secondary to all the other things that feed you . Some are fed not by the food only , but by the energy in your lives- energy that touch your soul and fills you with joy.
Some of the things I hear:
travel with husband,
get more 500 followers on Facebook, throw a party
lose weight, go to the gym
I say interesting, yay !!
There is no problem at all to have such desires, but I find them clues to dig deeper to what I call TRUE HUNGERS. These are secondary hungers and the doorway to the core hungers and often feeding them leave you unfulfilled and with big hangover because it is not what you actually want.
Take the example: “travel with husband “, if you desire to travel with your husband, your primary hunger maybe physical intimacy, connection, sex , and fun …
If you aim for “weight loss” , primary hunger maybe to feel good in your skin, to be active and vital, to make friendships ( the illusion of some people who believe that they can only be accepted or loved if they lose weight )
If you desire “500 followers on Facebook”, you might be longing for validation, recognition and sense of belonging …
It is not to say that you can not have any of the above desires, it is to say that you do not need these secondary hungers to fulfill your primary soulful hungers , that is the core , that is what matters .
I have come up with list of some primary hungers (picture), to help you stop and take a moment within and ask yourself
What does this hunger feel like?
What images describe this feeling?
What emotions does your heart long for?
- Nov 3, 2018 I quit arguing with my NOW-Body Nov 3, 2018
- Oct 13, 2018 I want for you more than Weightloss Oct 13, 2018
- Sep 1, 2018 How my feminine rebelled and changed my approach to food and body Sep 1, 2018
- Aug 25, 2018 STAY PUT (Stopping the cycle of fleeing and seeking pleasure) Aug 25, 2018
- Jun 17, 2018 The myth of Positivity Jun 17, 2018
- May 26, 2018 Why your willpower won't power (" I won't power" vs "I want power") May 26, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Reasons why your brain maybe holding you back (from achieving your goals ) Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 27, 2018 How to Break the Diet/Binge cycle Jan 27, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018 The Three Difficult Practices to Stop Emotional/Binge Cycle or( any habitual cycle) Jan 19, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 NotGettingThe NextBigGet Jan 2, 2018
- December 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What you need to know about Emotional eating Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Are you in Control? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 will you stay ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The truth that no one tells you about how to live an Extraordinary Life Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to believe you're good enough ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Why not live as if you deserve all the pleasure-at and away from the table ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The art of Loving and accepting your body Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to turn an episode of emotional binging into powerful learning ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Holistic Nutrition | Emotional Constipation | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | The power of Intention | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | Acceptance and Celebration of Feelings | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | June gratitude Challenge | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Nutrition | Why your healthy is not my healthy? | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Excellence or Perfectionism ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Primary Hungers Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Re-Parenting yourself Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What if your relationship with food is the doorway to the rest of your life? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The power of Recieving Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What is your vibrational State? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Enough is not an amount Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Sidebar widget host Sep 11, 2017