The art of Loving and accepting your body
If you are still in the lookout for this “perfect “ diet to get you the body you’ve always dreamed of (that is if you ever accept what you think is perfect), chances are you are still stuck in the roller coaster of deprivation and self-loathing.
Diets are not sustainable. Diets are not the solution.
The reason for your attempt to over-eat and feed your emotions will still be there_ if you don’t attend to the source of the issue.
“If diet’s won’t get you the body you love, what will?”
Overeating is an unwanted symptom that has an internal wisdom to awaken you to a world bigger than diet and ideal perfect body( this requires another post ). Dieting to achieve a perfect body (that is if you can have a barometer for perfect) is a form of self punishment technique that urges you to hate yourself, so you will love yourself. If you torture yourself enough then, you will become a happy healthy and relaxed being. Seriously?
What if the body you are gifted with, is the place where you reclaim and find your wholeness ?
What if every challenge you have with your body and weight is an attempt to embrace and love your body more ?
It is important to remind yourself that no one is perfect.
You are the only "you" that you have.
And you can not love yourself if you start from a place of self hate, shame, guilt, and blame.
Until you love yourself, you will not be able to expand to be the best you can be .
What if the answer is to just drop the resistance, and accept your body right now ?
If love would speak to your body, what would it say ?
I challenge you to start right now in this moment, and practice the art of acceptance and in the following love languages :
Respect your body
It means accepting your here and now body. When you respect your body, treat it with dignity and nurture your body with what it needs, then you’ll make room for loving every part of your body and what it does for you.
Do you speak kindly to your body? What was the last generous and sweet thing you said to your body ? Our internal language shapes how we see and create our world. Be-aware of negative self talks and practice standing in front of the mirror and tell your body what you love about it, focus on a physical trait or something your body has done for you.
Trust your body
Do you leave a space in your life for your body to be heard and cared for? Start listening to your body’s inner wisdom , hunger cues and feed them. Your body has the ability to tell you when it’s hungry, when it’s full and what it wants to eat.
Gift your body
Do you find yourself making some kind purchases with your body’s care in mind? What was the last gift you gave your body? How you treat your body, your body will treat you back.
Do you lay your hands on your own flesh? Do you do so with Love? Do practice treating your body with acts of caring and loving from others too. It is a fact that every human being has skin hunger and needs hugs for survival, maintenance and growth. When was the last time your body felt that it had been touched enough to the point of fullness?
When you love and respect your body, something magical happens.
You no longer obsess over it and see weight release happen without all the worry.
You will be surprised what your body is capable of when you show it Love!
- Nov 3, 2018 I quit arguing with my NOW-Body Nov 3, 2018
- Oct 13, 2018 I want for you more than Weightloss Oct 13, 2018
- Sep 1, 2018 How my feminine rebelled and changed my approach to food and body Sep 1, 2018
- Aug 25, 2018 STAY PUT (Stopping the cycle of fleeing and seeking pleasure) Aug 25, 2018
- Jun 17, 2018 The myth of Positivity Jun 17, 2018
- May 26, 2018 Why your willpower won't power (" I won't power" vs "I want power") May 26, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Reasons why your brain maybe holding you back (from achieving your goals ) Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 27, 2018 How to Break the Diet/Binge cycle Jan 27, 2018
- Jan 19, 2018 The Three Difficult Practices to Stop Emotional/Binge Cycle or( any habitual cycle) Jan 19, 2018
- Jan 2, 2018 NotGettingThe NextBigGet Jan 2, 2018
- December 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What you need to know about Emotional eating Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Are you in Control? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 will you stay ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The truth that no one tells you about how to live an Extraordinary Life Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to believe you're good enough ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Why not live as if you deserve all the pleasure-at and away from the table ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The art of Loving and accepting your body Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 How to turn an episode of emotional binging into powerful learning ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Holistic Nutrition | Emotional Constipation | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | The power of Intention | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | Acceptance and Celebration of Feelings | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Mindfulness | June gratitude Challenge | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Nutrition | Why your healthy is not my healthy? | Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Excellence or Perfectionism ? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Primary Hungers Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Re-Parenting yourself Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What if your relationship with food is the doorway to the rest of your life? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 The power of Recieving Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 What is your vibrational State? Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Enough is not an amount Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 11, 2017 Sidebar widget host Sep 11, 2017